Common issues and fixes.
Having issues connecting or transacting on Polygon? You're not alone--check out some common issues and resolutions below. ☝🐱
Tips on improving your experience:
- 🖇 Check your RPC endpoint is working. They can be congested at times.
- ⛽ Watch the gas prices.
- ⚠ Do not keep trying new transactions! Cancel or speed up the existing one.
- If websites are loading but you are unable to load blockchain data, your RPC endpoint could be congested.
- Check your Metamask token balances: if they are missing, this is a sign that your RPC endpoint is not working.
- If a transaction is not being confirmed (mined), you probably need to speed up the transaction by paying a higher gas price.
- Do not keep trying new transactions (see below)!
- Do not keep queueing up transactions: it will not help as it's a FIFO (First In First Out) queue.
- In your browser settings, clear the site's cache.
- In your browser settings, clear the site's cookies.
- Ensure there are no pending transactions.
- Restart the browser.
- Try re-accessing the page.
In rare instances, it has been reported that backing up your private keys, and resetting the metamask profile data or re-installing metamask, has resolved some issues.
At rare times, the polycat website may become unresponsive or offline, due to DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks. 😿
Unfortunately, DDoS attacks are a common occurrence in the DeFi world. They are staged by bad actors who would wish to take us offline for their benefit.
DDoS attacks are generally transitory and temporary, ceasing within a few hours.
If you need further assistance, join us on Telegram or Discord. You can find updated links on our website. 🐱💬
For any other issues not covered in this guide, there are fur-endly felines on Telegram and Discord who may be able to assist you.
Note that Polycat moderators, developers and administrators will never directly message you first--if you get messages from people purporting to be polycat staff, they are scammers! 🤡☝😾